OPEN LAB for Digital Literacy
with DeWayne Grimes
What is Open Lab?
Open Lab was designed to help you bridge gaps in your digital literacy skills in a manner that fits your budget, schedule, and specific learning needs. We combine a variety of online classes with face-to-face tutoring and coaching to meet this goal. In addition to working with individuals, we also create plans for small employers with limited training budgets to help their employees improve digital literacy skills. You are not tied to rigid class schedules, unless that is what you want.
What kinds of things can I get help with through Open Lab?
We say BYOC -- bring your own challenge!
- Overcome fear of computers.
- Add Microsoft office certifications to your resume.
- Learn how to get the most out of your smart phone.
- Get help with making a list of question to ask before you buy a new computer.
- Learn tips on how to surf the web safely.
- Learn how to take great pictures with your digital camera.
- Interested in studying at Clover Park and need help brushing up on math and English before you start? We can help with that, too.
We operate with a "no-wrong-door" policy. If Open Lab isn't the right solution for you, but Clover Park has other options that may be useful, we will help connect you to the right person.
Is Open Lab available to the general public or just students registered in Clover Park programs?
Open Lab was developed with the local community and small employers in mind. For students registered in Clover Park programs we offer services that enhance those provided through the College's Tutoring Center.
What is the cost?
You can test out open lab for as little as $25 for a three-hour walk-in session (payable with credit or debit card only). If you like what you see, that initial fee can be used to reduce the cost of punch card that gives you access to additional services through scheduled walk-in sessions or one-on-one sessions with a tutor. Online courses start as low as $99 for six-week classes such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, or PowerPoint.
Contact us at 253.589.5575 to set up a plan that works for you!
Jul 12th, 2017 - Jun 30th, 2018
4500 Steilacoom Blvd
Lakewood, WA 98499 Get directions